This special scheme will enable young doctors holding PG qualifications from India (MD/DNB) in different specialties to obtain further training in the NHS-UK to enhance their skills in medical leadership, Clinical Medicine and Research.
The NHS is one of the best healthcare systems in the world and offers world-class training There are significant shortages of skilled doctors at the middle-grade level in certain specialties across the NHS hospitals. This offers an opportunity for international doctors to experience and benefit from UK postgraduate medical training.
The BAPIO Training Academy (BTA) has developed a training scheme in collaboration with the University of South Wales, the University of Bolton and the University of Plymouth, that has the potential to develop a steady pipeline of competent, experienced doctors on a medium-to-long-term basis.
We are looking for well-trained and experienced doctors who have completed their postgraduate medical training in English (MD/DNB) from India. The trainees will undergo intensive online induction plus, if required, 4-6 weeks of hands-on clinical training in their chosen specialty at selected Indian hospitals in India. The candidates will be sponsored for GMC registration once they have achieved the desired competencies.
This would be followed by a 2-year clinical placement at middle grade level in their respective specialty in the UK. The training will also include enrolment in a UK university masters/diploma course relevant to their preferred specialty along with ongoing induction to the NHS working environment by trained UK faculty. At end of the 2-year clinical placement in the UK the candidates are expected to finish their college exams and the University Masters/Diploma course to be eligible to apply for higher specialist training in the UK or return to India to if they wish.
What are the benefits of this programme?
● Access to a quality training program with the possibility of a smooth career progression.
● Formal induction in the NHS culture and governance.
● Support for employment and conduct issues from Medical Defence Shield.
● Possibility of a continuing career in the UK or the option to return home with world-class qualifications and experience.
Pathway for Fast Track Programme
Send CV, this is then filtered through the BTA office in India and the respective speciality leads in the UK.
• If successful from step 1 applicants are to fill out the BAPIO Fast Track program application form
• There is an application fee of £500 pounds (adjusted in Induction fee later)
• Candidates will then reframe their CV’s as per the standard BTA CV template
CVs are vetted by BTA core team, Indian and UK experts in respective speciality.
• Shortlisted CVs sent to the Hospital/Employing trust in the UK
• Interviews conducted jointly by the Hospital/employing trust and BTA
• Selected candidates issued offer letters by the trust
• Candidates are enrolled in online induction by BTA
• Induction is mainly online with the arrangement of hands-on training if required (at a BTA-approved Indian centre)
• English test (IELTS/OET) to be cleared
• Enrollment in the online program with a recognized UK university to ensure commitment. (Program commences when the doctor reaches the UK)
• BTA office provide guidance on documents required for GMC registration
• Handholds the candidate through the GMC registration process
• SRC/COS of selected applicants sent to GMC for sponsorship by BTA
• Simultaneous support provided by BTA in association with the trust for Tier 2 (Health Care visa)
• Employing trust issues COS for visa
• Candidate applies for visa through the normal process
• Candidate goes to the UK (Tier 2 visa issued by the hospital/employing trust)
Candidate joins the hospital trust for 2 years who provide initial induction/support/shadowing (1 to 3 months)
Commencement of online diploma/masters/MBA program with a recognised UK University
On completion of 2 years of training ( mandatory)and achieving all desired competencies, the candidate returns to India with NHS experience and MBA/diploma/Master’s degree OR pursues a career in the UK
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.